EEA Applications

ACS Visas

EEA Applications

As an EEA or Swiss national, you have the right to live and work in the UK (known as the ‘right of residence’) if you are exercising Treaty rights i.e. working, self-employed, self-sufficient, student and jobseeker. As a jobseekers there are limits as to how long you can be in this category.

If you have a right to live the in the UK, your family may join you here.

If you are a student, only your spouse or civil partner and dependent children have a right of residence.

If you and your partner are not married or in a civil partnership, you must be able to show that you are in a durable relationship with each other.

Family members who are not EEA or Swiss nationals

If your family members are not EEA or Swiss nationals, they may need to apply for an EEA family permit before they can come to the UK. This permit is similar to a visa.

Working in the UK

If you are a national of an EEA country or Switzerland, you do not need to apply for permission to work here.

Registration certificates, residence cards and family member residence stamps

A registration certificate is a document issued to an EEA national that confirms the holder’s right of residence under European law. You do not need a registration certificate to be able to enter, live in or work in the UK but some employers may not give you a job or landlords will not let a property to you.

Residence cards are issued to the family members of EEA nationals who are not EEA nationals themselves. The card is normally valid for 5 years.

Permanent residence

When you have lived in the
UK for a continuous period of 5 years, you can apply for confirmation of
permanent residence (PR).


It is now mandatory to
obtain PR before applying for nationality.


At ACS Visas we have
experience in all these applications. We are 
Your Friend in

Call Us Now

07943 512 638


Contact Us

15 + 15 =